Dental uses of Lemon grass:
- Herbal alternative to chlorhexidine mouthwash
- Anti-bacterial activity
- In management of periodontitis
- Anti-plaque activity
- Dany SS, Mohanty P, Tangade P, Rajput P, Batra M. Efficacy of 0.25% Lemongrass Oil Mouthwash: A Three Arm Prospective Parallel Clinical Study. J ClinDiagn Res. 2015 Oct;9(10):ZC13-7.
- Saddiq AA, Khayyat SA. Chemical and antimicrobial studies of monoterpene; citral. PesticBiochemPhysiol 2010;98:89-93
- Anand M, Goyal R, Bhat GS, Kamath S, Aggarwal M, Bhandarkar MA, et al. Antioxidant property of a novel lemongrass oil mouth wash: an experimental study. Rec Res SciTechnol 2011;3:14-8.
- Edris AE. Pharmaceutical and therapeutic potentials of essential oils and their individual volatile constituents: A review. Phytother Res 2007;21:308-23.