Dental uses of Aloe Vera:
- Treatment of Oral Lichen Planus
- Treatment of Oral submucous fibrosis
- Treatment of Recurrent Aphthous Stomatitis
- Treating radiation-induced oral mucositis and candidiasis in patients with head and neck cancers.
- used as an adjunct to mechanical therapy for treating plaque-induced gingivitis.
- veragel can be used as a local drug delivery system in periodontal pockets.
- As a tooth gel
- Root Canal Filling Material in Primary Teeth
- Choonhakarn C, Busaracome P, Sripanidkulchai B, Sarakarn P. The efficacy of Aloe vera gel in the treatment of oral lichen planus: A randomized controlled trial. Br J Dermatol. 2008;158:573–7.
- Sudarshan R, Annigeri RG, SreeVijayabala G. Aloe vera in the treatment for oral submucous fibrosis – A preliminary study. J Oral Pathol Med. 2012;41:755–61.
- Babaee N, Zabihi E, Mohseni S, Moghadamnia AA. Evaluation of the therapeutic effects of Aloe vera gel on minor recurrent aphthous stomatitis. Dent Res J (Isfahan) 2012;9:381–5.
- Ahmadi A. Potential prevention: Aloe vera mouthwash may reduce radiation-induced oral mucositis in head and neck cancer patients. Chin J Integr Med. 2012;18:635–40.
- Ajmera N, Chatterjee A, Goyal V. Aloe vera: It’s effect on gingivitis. J Indian SocPeriodontol. 2013;17:435–8.
- Bhat G, Kudva P, Dodwad V. Aloe vera: Nature’s soothing healer to periodontal disease. J Indian SocPeriodontol. 2011;15:205–9.
- George D, Bhat SS, Antony B. Comparative evaluation of the antimicrobial efficacy of Aloe vera tooth gel and two popular commercial toothpastes: An in vitroGen Dent. 2009;57:238–41.
- Kriplani R, Thosar N, Baliga MS, Kulkarni P, Shah N, Yeluri R. Comparative evaluation of antimicrobial efficacy of various root canal filling materials along with aloevera used in primary teeth: A microbiological study. J ClinPediatr Dent. 2013;37:257–62.